Sunday, May 10, 2009

Under Attack

I do believe that we are under attack in our house, but God is good. It's not coincidence that we are struggling with so many health issues in our family. Satan is trying to work on us, but guess what? We are only stronger as a couple and as parents because of what we are dealing with. If anything, it has made our faith stronger. Last week I spent a couple days living in fear of all of the medical tests that I will be facing within the next couple weeks. I was literally monopolized by the fear and then I realized that I have nothing to fear. God is in complete control and there is no reason to fear on earth. He has a plan and all I need to do is trust in that plan. That doesn't mean that our life will turn out perfect. It is quite the opposite. We will have trials and tribulation in this life. In James it says, "Consider it pure joy my brothers when you face trials of many kinds....." I am choosing to see the joy in our situation. There is a lot to celebrate. Here area few things:
  • Last Fall my tooth cracked and $5,000 later I have a fake tooth....but God allowed us to continue to tithe and make ends meet just fine.
  • Dan's appendix ruptured and it was a long couple of months of recovery.....but God healed him and allowed him to remain strong and humbled.
  • I have a hernia, abdominal pain and a questionable spot on my liver.....but my faith has been tested and I have seen how compassionate my husband is with me.
  • We probably won't be able to take a vacation this summer due to finances.....but we can take mini trips with our kids and enjoy doing free things around town.

See, there is so much to be thankful for. God is good and does allow bad things to happen to us, but He always works during those times. I am so grateful!

1 comment:

Linda Turske said...

So glad to see you recognize it as an attack from Satan. He does not want marriages to grow and prosper and does all he can to cause turmoil in our lives. Keep focused on Jesus, precious one, and all will be well. Maybe not comfortable but well! God is good all the time!