Monday, May 4, 2009

Recommended Surgery

I had a consult with a surgeon today about my hernia. He thinks that the umbilical hernia and the abdominal pain are two separate issues. So....I will need to have the hernia surgery and a colonoscopy. The colonoscopy will help him determine what is causing the abdominal pain. I could give you my explanation as to what might be causing the abdominal pain, but I guarantee it won't be accurate. I will just wait to give you a more detailed update once he knows what is causing the pain. Sometime in the next week or so I will be having these procedures done. The colonoscopy will be done on a Monday and the hernia surgery will be done on a Wednesday (the same week). I understand that these are elective surgeries, but I am having difficulty liftng the kids and am tired of feeling this dull pain that doesn't go away. It will be nice to know what is going on in my body. I don't worry about the procedures being done, but I do worry about my reaction to the medication that they give me. I watched Dan have reactions after his abscess was drained and after his appendix was taken out. I have never had any surgeries so this is new territory for me.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Will be praying for you!