Thursday, May 14, 2009

Discernment

My surgery date is quickly approaching and I am incredibly peaceful. Now that is a miracle for me! Yesterday at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) we took a personality test and I scored high in the "steady" range. Steady people don't like change. So anything new like a surgery can really throw me off guard because I feel like I don't have control over everything. The medication scares me because I have never had surgery before. But.....bottom line is that I can't control everything and God is in charge. And He has given me a "peace that surpasses all understanding." A miracle for me!

Dan is doing great from having his surgery. One week after his surgery he was back to running again. He still has to wait a couple more weeks before he can lift heavy weights and do abdominal exercises. But as of right now running is keeping him occupied and happy.

I recently wrote an article for the MOPS newsletter about how God has allowed me to be able to discern what He is instructing me to do in my life. Basically I am learning how to be more obedient and I am seeing the fruits of obeying. So yesterday at the MOPS meeting I had to hold to that truth and obey even when I didn't want to. I felt God nudging me to pursue the position of coordinator for MOPS next year. This is definately a big commitment and will be a lot of work, but I can't deny that God has laid it on my heart to move forward with this job. I am continuing to pray about it so I make sure that I am hearing Him correctly.

Below is a very random picture, but I had to add it to my blog entry. I took pictures of my living room for a friend to show the purple color that I painted when I was 9 months pregnant. Anyway, after I took the picture and passed it on I realized that in the bottom right hand corner is Sara. You have to look closely, but it is so cute. She loves the camera!


1 comment:

Donna said...

Pretty color...pretty little girl!!