Sunday, May 3, 2009

"I Can Not Believe It!"..........

For those of you who watch the Disney cartoon Little Einsteins, you will understand when I say that you need to read the title of this blog with gusto. There is a character who makes this remark on each show. Anyway, this is what I was saying last night when we went to the ER because I was having abdominal pain.

Dan and I were certain that I was having apendicitis. How crazy is that? We went to the ER at midnight because I was having abdominal pain and we were sent home at 5:30 this morning. It was a long night. I had a CT scan done and it was confirmed that I have an umbilical hernia, brought on by Sara's pregnancy. I have to meet with a surgeon tomorrow so I should know more information then. I guess I spoke too soon on my previous blog when I commented that our life wasn't very exciting right now. Oops!

The funny thing is that ever since I delivered Sara I have told Dan about a slight pain when I would push on my belly button. I think he thought I was making it up. But I guess that was the start of a hernia. Last Thursday evening I left to go running with my mom's running group and could not run very far. I had lower back pain that suddenly came on and it was painful to run. We thought that was a little odd. Then by Saturday I was having right abdominal pain. So now we know what was really going on. I'll update more after I see a surgeon tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Will be praying for you. Hope the meeting with the surgeon goes well.