Sunday, June 28, 2009

Two Left Feet

For those of you who know my husband well, you know that he does not like to dance and struggles with finding rhythm. He does have two left feet on the dance floor. Well, today he was in a wedding and literally had two left feet. When he went to put the tuxedo on today (a half hour before the wedding) he saw that he was given two left shoes to wear. On top of that he was given extremely short pants, the sleeves were too short on his shirt, and the buckle on the waist band broke. He spent an entire day in this malfunctioning tuxedo and he wore the two left shoes. Poor guy! He just got home (as I am writing this entry) and is quickly taking the outfit off so he can feel comfortable again. Tomorrow I get the pleasure of taking the tuxedo back to the store and asking for a refund. We'll see what happens! At least the wedding was beautiful and the bride and groom are married and on their way to their honeymoon.

The really fun part of the weekend was spending time with my dear friend Jaimi. Our husbands were in the wedding together so we had tons of time to catch up and just hang out together. I am so grateful for that time with her.
I just love weddings! Yesterday during the rehearsal I spent that time daydreaming about what my second wedding would be. Of course I would marry Dan again! I always tell him that I want to get married again so I can go try wedding dresses on. I loved my first wedding so much, but I would have a different kind of wedding if I did it again. Do you want to know what it would be like? I am glad you asked! The wedding would be in the evening when the sun is going down. It would be very romantic. I would wear a silky wedding gown with no train. It would be kind of form fitting. The only music would be one guitarist. The wedding party would be just me and Dan. Dan would wear a casual white shirt and khaki pants or shorts. We would both wear sandals. Ideally I would want it on a beach, but if we couldn't do that then it would still be an outdoor wedding around here. Then we would have a dessert reception right after the wedding. It would be a relaxing reception and no one would have to wait for us to get there to start eating. Dan promises me that we can renew our wedding vows someday down the road so I will have to save these ideas for another time.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Pretty dress!

Donna said...

Dan looked good despite the mishaps! I can't imagine wearing 2 left shoes all day though...must have been a VERY good friend!!

Jenny said...

You guys looked great. Sorry I couldn't be there with you two (you and Jaimi.... not that I wouldn't want to be there with you and Dan, but it'd be, um, weird :)).