Monday, June 15, 2009

Trip Down Memory Lane

I know....I know.....I haven't posted in a while. Things have been CRAZY around here. I am juggling three big projects and taking care of two toddlers. It is hard to find time to maintain my e-mails, let alone my blog. But I find that I miss journaling about our life. It is therapeutic and fun for me. So I will try to make more time to do this.

Today during lunch I made my husband promise me that he would have a "picture party" with me tonight. Know what that is? That is when you pull out all the old pictures from our childhood and look at them. Doesn't that sound fun? This is definately a "Julie game." I tried to play it with him last night but he was too tired and didn't want to look at my pictures. Anyway, I decided to have my own "picture party" during lunch and realized quickly that maybe I don't want to show Dan my growing up pictures. I was chubby! My face looked like a chipmunk. I don't want him to see me like that. I know he would still love me, but it was sort of depressing looking at the pictures. Oh well! Maybe I will cancel the party tonight.

On the positive side, I did enjoy seeing pictures of some really fun times. Like the time when I made my college roommate dress up with me. We put our bathing suits over our clothes and put goggles on. Then we took pictures of ourselves. Then there was the time when I danced for 32 hours. How dumb was that? Then there was the time when I was a camp counselor and we rode in the van with helmets on because the driver was a crazy driver. There was also the time when me and my sister had a drinking party at our house while our parents were out of town. That was totally my sister's idea. I just enjoyed the company of the people at our house. There was also the time when me and my college friends would have "surprise attacks" in the sorority house. We would get our hairdryers and curling irons out as our weapons and put bowls on our heads. Then we would crawl down the hallway, quietly open up someones door, and yell "SURPRISE!"

All of these memories are in one shoe box. I think I might pick and choose what pictures I show Dan tonight. While all of you are sitting around your house watching television and snacking, think of me and Dan having a "picture party" with popcorn. Maybe you should have one too!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I knew as soon as I read the title that I would be reading about bathing suits, googles, and hair dryers! You forgot our water fight in the apartment where we were throwing bowls of water at each other! Miss you!

p.s. did I read right? You actually threw a drinking party? When was this?

Jenny said...

When can we see those pictures? I'm specifically interested in the bathing suit with goggles one? :) Sounds like fun!