Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Gift

Dan gave me a wonderful gift this morning. I went to bed last night with what might have been a case of pink eye or maybe just a cold in my eye. And I woke up with a pink, itchy, ugly eye. So he took the girls to church for the entire morning (both hours) while I stayed home and slept. I got to sleep ALL morning. It was incredible to curl up in my bed and not have to take care of anyone. If only he knew how much of a gift that was! When the girls came home I felt relaxed and energized.

In two weeks things are going to change around here and I am struggling a little bit with the change. I like when things are predictable and structured in my life so change can be a little tough for me. In two weeks we will no longer have Hannah at our house on a regular basis. She will be going to Disney with her family and then her grandma and aunt will be watching her for the summer. I made the decision not to babysit in the Fall because I felt the Lord leading me to explore some new things. I am in the process of becoming involved with the pregnancy center in town and that will take up some extra time next year. I am going to develop and teach parenting classes for the center. I am also hoping to get Mya involved in some classes of some sort like swimming or ballet where I can take her by myself and leave Sara with a family member. I want to try to spend some extra one on one time with Mya. I feel like I haven't had that with her since Sara was born. I know that I am doing what the Lord has asked me to do, but that doesn't mean that it is easy. I have been Hannah's babysitter off and on since she was adopted as a baby so I have developed quite an attachment to her. It will be sad not to see her as often as I do now. I have gotten used to juggling three kids and we have a great routine during the day. But I am SO excited for her to spend the summer with her family and go to preschool next year. She will do so well with a class of peers. I am excited for her future because she is a sweet, loving little girl.

Please pray for Dan's upcoming surgery on Wednesday!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That's a wonderful post. I'm sure Hannah will miss you but will talk about you all as often as I hear she talks about me. And speaking from experience, when you know she talks about you, you feel really pretty awesome. :)