Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dan's Surgery

Well, we woke up at 5:30 this morning to get ready for Dan's surgery. We arrived at the hospital around 6, got him in his gorgeous hospital gown, and waited for his surgery time. Unfortunately an emergency appendectomy was being done around the time of Dan's scheduled surgery so we had to wait until around 9 for his turn. Everything went smooth, although I have to share the funny stuff about "Dan on pain meds." He is hysterical. I know that I will never see him intoxicated so this was the next best thing. About 15 seconds after the pain meds were inserted into his IV he started giggling a lot. He giggled and giggled and had the nurses laughing too. Then he looked at me and said, "Do I look handsome?" He tried to keep a straight face when he said this but started busting up laughing. Then he tried to act all serious and started pulling off his hair net (you know the lovely blue hat that hospitals make you wear for surgery) to look even more handsome for me. I was afraid he was going to start taking his clothes off or something. I jumped out of my chair and put his hat back on quickly before the nurses came back. Luckily they wheeled him off to surgery right away and put him under so we didn't have to worry about how goofy he was going to get. Anyway, the surgery went smooth and he recovered well. We are glad to be home with our sleeping children. I can't remember the last time I updated my blog at 3:00 in the afternoon. I love sleeping children! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that while Dan was recovering at the hospital I watched TV in his room. The only good channel that they had was TLC so I watched the Baby Story. It made me want another baby! I think I'll wait and tell Dan that information another day. No, actually, we aren't preventing any pregnancy but it just isn't happening yet. I just love having babies around........but I don't care so much for actually having the baby. I wish the stork could just bring them to me.

Thank you Jesus for getting Dan through the surgery today!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That was a really funny story! Thanks for sharing. :) Glad Dan is home safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

I was going to pop in today to say "hi" (because I was working in surgery), but my room started early. So glad all went well and that Dan enjoyed his meds...cheap vacation!!

Donna said...

Above was my comment...don't know how it became anonymous...sorry!