Monday, March 16, 2009

Veggies

I recently got this great idea from a friend in my bible study. Now I LOVE my husband very much, but those of you who know him know that he is a picky eater. So of course I work hard to make sure that my girls eat a variety of foods and like them. I want my girls to be just like their daddy in many many ways, but not in the way of eating food. When I was talking to my friend at bible study one night, she suggested that I have a plate of fresh veggies that I put out every day at dinner. That way I can make sure that the girls eat vegetables and can make a choice of which vegetables they want. This has been a fantastic idea! Not only do I put it out at dinner, but I also have it available for morning and afternoon snack, in addition to other snacks. I also offer a variety of dipping sauces sometimes like peanut butter, ranch dressing, and cream cheese. Below is a beautiful picture of my veggie tray. You will also see a picture of Mya enjoying her veggies during her bath today. She would request a vegetable, Hannah would go get it for her, and then she would eat it in the bathtub.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Mmm... veggies in the bathtub. Guess that's a new way to steam our vegetables for dinner???