Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dan May Be Coming Home

This morning Dan woke me up with a phone call at 7:00. He was calling to tell me that he was going to get a CAT scan and then the surgeon would review the results with him. About an hour later he called me and sounded down. He proceeded to tell me that the surgeon wanted to keep him in the hospital for at least three more days. Ugh! I wasn't prepared for those results. Things are healing just fine, but he needs more healing time at the hospital before he can go home. Needless to say we were both pretty bummed. But, I went to visit him this afternoon and the surgeon came in with a different story. He decided that if Dan does well with starting on solid foods today and tomorrow then he might be able to go home tomorrow (Wednesday). Yeah! The girls and I can't wait for him to come home. Unfortunately Mya is getting over her cold and Sara spiked a fever today (103.5) so I am hoping that the girls feel better quickly before their Daddy gets home. That's all we need is to get Dan sick when he comes home. The girls and I are doing much better with Dan being in the hospital. The first couple days were tough emotionally, but we have adjusted. They will have a tough time when they find out that they can't sleep with mommy in the bed at night. I started a bad habit to cure my loneliness. Oops!

No comments: