Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Surgery Date

Dan finally has his surgery date scheduled. His appendix will be removed on April 22nd at 7:30 AM. We would appreciate all of your prayers for a smooth surgery. I am excited for Dan to be able to have his regular level of activity back. I know that he has been missing lifting weights and running. Yesterday he had a doctor's appointment and he got the clear to run and lift so he made sure to do both of those things after work. It was good to see him get to exercise again.

We have some exciting news in our household. Mya is finally potty trained. It was just like something clicked with her yesterday. She just got the hang of it and is doing really well. She is even accident free during her naps. Sara is surprising us with some new developments too. Yesterday she was playing with the girls and I wasn't paying attention to where she was. I asked Hannah where she was and she told me that Sara was upstairs. I shrugged it off and kept typing an e-mail. But then I heard noise upstairs and noticed that both girls were downstairs. I asked Hannah again where Sara was and she pointed upstairs. I turned the corner and there was Sara staring at me at the top of the stairs. She was getting ready to tumble right down all the stairs. I ran up the stairs as fast as I could and grabbed her just in time. I didn't know she could even climb stairs. She also learned how to wave and clap yesterday. And.....she can stand all by herself for 5 seconds. Wow! I feel like she is just going to start talking to me one of these days. I know that I might be partial because I am her mom, but she certainly seems advanced for a nine month old.

I started writing this blog entry during nap time today and now it is 8:30 PM and I am finally getting around to finishing it. Whew! It was quite an afternoon with the girls. When both of them are fussy it gets intense. I finally put them all in the car and drove them to Mansfield to pick up my ring that was getting fixed. They enjoyed getting out of the house and it was good for me too. Sometimes I just get so frustrated when I can't meet their needs. Mya is at a tough age where she is trying our patience all the time and Sara needs me for just about everything. And we want a third child. What??????? Even though some days are very tough, I STILL love being home with our children. I consider myself very blessed for what I have. Being a christian certainly doesn't mean that life will be happy and easy all the time. It is important to remember that God sharpens us through trials. If we didn't have trials then we wouldn't have opportunities to learn things about ourselves or others. Trials are good and at the end of the day I praise God for giving them to me!

1 comment:

Kim said...

How did you get her to stop wetting during nap time? Alaina wears a pull-up for naps still and Anna and Alaina wear pull-ups to bed at night! Ugghhhh!