Monday, March 9, 2009

Husband Challenge Update

So I totally forgot to update my blog once I finished the 30 day husband challenge. I did finish it! If you are interested in trying it, click on this link: http://www.reviveourhearts.com/pdf/30DayChallenge.pdf

It is amazing what God can do in your marriage when you commit a whole month to speaking positively to your husband. The best part was that Dan didn't know that I was doing it. So if I messed up and said something negative I could only turn to God and ask for the strength to do better next time. It was amazing how my thinking changed. I learned how to be more positive and looked at Dan differently. Those little things that drive me nuts didn't bother me quite as much. However, it is important to know that when you start this challenge Satan wants to join too. It was most difficult during the first week because Satan found ways to keep me from being positive. But God overpowered him and carried me through.

Dan and I had a really neat moment one night when he was in the hospital last week. I usually found a babysitter in the evening so I could spend time with him when there weren't any visitors. One night we were just sitting there looking at each other, trying to decide what to talk about. Dan said to me, "Tell me something that I don't know about you." And I said, "Last month I did a 30 day husband challenge." Dan wanted to hear all about it and was so excited that I took the initiative to do something like that. He said he knew something had changed with me, but didn't know why. He said that I was much more positive with him. That made me feel so good, although I did not do the challenge to get a compliment from him. I wanted to do it for him and for our marriage.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad the 30 day challenge worked. How was it being "back at it" today with Hannah and the girls? How's Dan?