Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Prayer Requests

A couple prayer requests for our family...

Dan and I are thinking that we would like to have one more child in the hopefully "distant" future. However, we both know that God will be determining when that child will arrive. We just pray for a healthy pregnancy some day. We also continue to pray that we earnestly seek God's guidance with how many children we should have in our family. With my medical difficulties during a pregnancy it is hard to know whether or not we should have one more child. This last pregnancy was tough on my body, but we are hoping that the vein surgery might help the next pregnancy go a little smoother. We just put all of this in God's hands. If we aren't supposed to have another child then we will embrace our two little girls and thank God for what he has given us already.

I will be having vein surgery on my left leg on September 23rd. The doctor is concerned about a valve in my groin possibly not functioning correctly. If it is not working right then he will have to fix it. If I have to be "put under" for a surgery I pray that it goes smoothly because I have not experienced this before.

This Sunday Dan will be teaching our Sunday school class. The lesson will be on the prophet Obediah. This is his first time teaching a biblical lesson in front of a group so I pray for peace for him. He will be very nervous because he does not like to talk in front of people. However, I believe that he will do a great job because he knows the Bible well. I am excited for this opportunity for him. I pray that he gains the confidence that he needs to teach our class.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

How exciting that Dan is going to teach on Sunday. Please let me know how it goes. I'll say a prayer (or several) for his peace and wisdom. And I'll be praying about your surgery in a month or so. Will you be out of commission for any length of time because of it?