Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Amish Country And A Few More Things

Thank you for all of your prayers for the class that Dan taught on Sunday morning. He did it! He taught the class on Obadiah and made it through just fine. He didn't seem nervous and presented the material with organization. The class members were very gracious to him and made him feel accepted and loved after he finished teaching. I am very proud of him for conquering this fear. In addition to that experience he spent the whole weekend on our neighbor's roof helping him put a new roof on. It was quite a weekend for him! But next week he is taking the whole week off for vacation. On Monday we are taking the girls to Columbus to stay for the night as well as go to the zoo and water park. I'm sure I will have a fun entry about that when we get back from that adventure.

Here are some updated pictures of Sara. She is growing so fast!


Today we went to Amish Country with my mom, sister and her two boys. We had so much fun taking a buggy ride and train ride as well as shopping for a few things. You'll notice that in one picture I am holding a cute Maltese dog. You'll be glad to know that I didn't bring it home even though I wanted to. I think two little ones are enough right now. However, this is the kind of dog we want to get some day. Instead I came home with new christmas ornaments for my tree, a pink cowboy hat for Mya, and a flower basket. Those are quite different things, aren't they? I always come home with fun things for my house when I go to Amish Country. Last time I came home with a new lazy boy chair/rocker for our living room and I have been in that chair ever since. It is the best chair for rocking babies and nursing.






1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love Mya's cowboy hat! Good decision on the dog, although I know you'll be thrilled to get one eventually. Glad to hear Dan's class went well!