Saturday, January 30, 2010

Retreat

Dan and I woke up on Thursday morning, looked at each other and said, "Let's get out of this house." So we took our no longer infected family out of our infected house and headed to Columbus for two nights. We went on priceline.com and got a room at a very nice hotel for $50 a night. What a deal! So we left Thursday afternoon and headed away with the girls.

Before we left town, we stopped at Starbucks and Dan went inside to get me a peppermint hot chocolate. My new addiction! While he was inside, I attempted to take a picture of me and the girls in the car. There was a guy sitting in the car beside us laughing at me while I was doing this.

Here is my first attempt...you can see Mya in the background.



Here is my next attempt...oops, no kids in this picture.



And here is my final attempt...if you look close you can see all three of us in the picture.



Our time away was wonderful. I have never NOT wanted Dan to go back to work this bad before. We have really bonded as a family this week. And with all the time that we spent together this week, we didn't drive each other nuts. I am really going to miss him come Monday when he goes to work. And boy are the girls going to miss him too. Dan is a wonderful father and husband and I feel so grateful for our time together this week. I am amazed at the kind of father that he is. He adores his little girls.

Here are some more pictures of our fun trip together.









1 comment:

Jenny said...

Looks like a fun trip.