Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mya's Prayer

Every once in a while I have to write a post about a prayer that Mya says. This one had me laughing so much tonight. We are teaching her to say the Lord's Prayer and tonight was her first night repeating it after I said it in very small chunks. So I said "Our father" and she said "Our fodder", and that was funny enough. But then I said, "Who art in heaven" and she said very enthusiastically "Grandpa!" We have talked over and over with her about how Grandpa is in heaven now. She heard the word "heaven" and immediately thought of Grandpa. It was a pretty funny moment and she and I laughed and laughed about it. We finally made it through the prayer, but it was hard not to giggle at the way that she repeated words.

This weekend has been interesting for us. Saturday night and Sunday I experience some type of panic attack. Out of nowhere I would feel dizzy, lightheaded, and my chest would feel very hot. Then my hands and arms would feel tingly. Due to these feelings I would panic and have to practice breathing slowly to get through the moment. It would last about five minutes. I had one of these at church today and luckily a doctor was standing nearby so Dan grabbed him to come check on me. He felt my pulse and said there wasn't a concern with my heart racing, which is good. When I told him that I had a D&C two weeks ago due to a miscarriage, he wondered about a panic attack due to the emotional trauma of that situation. So tomorrow I will call my family doctor and have her start helping me diagnose what is going on. It is really scary when it happens, so I hope they can figure it out.

Tonight we had our third financial class at church. We are enrolled in a 13 week financial couse every Sunday night. It has been a great class. Dan leads a small group after we view a one hour DVD on a topic. We have a small group that likes to talk so that makes it fun. Sometimes Dan and I will just talk real with the group and tell them what we struggle with in our marriage when it comes to finances. We like to throw some humor in there too because some of our struggles sound so funny when we say them out loud. Dan is very strong with managing money, paying off debt, and not spending much. I am good at organizing our bills and I have to admit that I have a very good system going. However, I don't like the fact that Dan isn't involved with the details of the system that I have set up. We are both excited for this course because it makes both of us sit down and do homework together and communicate about EVERYTHING related to finances. I am so excited to see what God does with finances and our marriage. We have never had a huge fight over money because Dan is a saver and that has kept us out of debt and on a budget. However, I can't wait to see us both be on the same page with the details of the budget.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hannah's prayers are a riot, too. Glad to know other kids get a little side-tracked when praying, too!

I'm going to send you an email about the panic attack thing (just from a counseling perspective).