Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Consider it pure joy..."

James on Trials. That was the name of a book that I did last winter as a bible study with women in my Sunday school class. Little did I know that I would be living through so many trials that I would actually have to apply the information that I learned. In the book of James, it talks about how we are to be joyful during trials. I never really understood that concept until now. But I am so grateful that I had the knowledge from the book of James to get me through our trials. Through the tears and tough days, I never forgot that God has a plan. And that gave me hope and joy that I wouldn't have had in the past. My faith was tested, Satan was at work, and things were just plain difficult for a while. But...I learned that things can always go up when they are down, that grief is healthy, that my husband is very committed and supportive, that my kids can make me laugh when I am sad, and that people all around me are incredibly loving and generous. We had meals, written notes, visits, and phone calls from so many people. I was and am astounded! I can actually say that I feel honored for going through recent trials. However, I am praying that we have a break for a while=)

1 comment:

Kim said...

"And I will walk through the fire if you ask me to."