Wednesday, February 11, 2009

God Created Heaven and Earth

"God Created Heaven and Earth".......this is the monthly bible verse that the four little kids pictured below have memorized. I never thought it would be possible at such a young age, but they do so well with the verses. The preschool class that I teach three times a week at my house continues to inspire me. It is made up of a group of young children who want to learn about God and His word. Not only that but they can't wait to learn their numbers, letters, and colors. They get so excited when it is time to learn new concepts during class. I am amazed at how fast they learn and how they adjust to a structured routine. They let me know if I forget to sing a certain song or if snack is late. Often times during free play I catch them playing teacher. It is pretty cute. Each child in the class has such an amazing personality. I gave each of them a name to describe what I love about who they are. Luke, my main man, is the oldest and does a fantastic job as a peer model to the younger kids. He is a natural leader and shows enthusiasm during class. Reid, my smiley man, is always happy and giggly. He has beautiful blue eyes that melt my heart and has a great spirit about him. Mya, my energetic girl, has tons of energy! She likes to do activities that are hands on and busy. She keeps all of us moving, but she also takes time to give me lots and lots of hugs. Hannah, my sweet girl, is just plain sweet. She has a quiet spirit about her, but she also can be assertive and involved with the group. She loves to play with the other children and just has fun every day.
Luke "My Main Man"

Reid "My Smiley Man"

Mya "My Energetic Girl"


Hannah "My Sweet Girl"

No comments: