Friday, January 2, 2009

Updates

Well, we made it through the holidays! The girls did very well, although we were all ready for some down time once all of our christmases were over. It has been very nice to sleep in a couple mornings this week, although sleeping in for us is 7:00 these days. We spent New Year's Eve at my Dad's house eating TONS of food. We had cheese fondue, fondue for our meat, and chocolate fondue for dessert. Wow! It was an evening full of eating and lots of fun. On New Year's Day we stayed home all day and stayed in our pajamas. Dan and I both were able to workout, he lifted weights and I ran 4 miles with a couple girls. I am getting ready for my 5K Saturday morning. Hopefully it isn't too cold for the race because I would like to try for some speed when I run the race. More updates on that tomorrow.

Sara is doing very well. Last night she actually ate all of her cereal. It was like she just decided that she was ready to eat. Up until now we have had difficulty getting her to eat anything from a spoon. She seemed to like it last night so that is encouraging. Dan and I are going to a marriage retreat at the end of March so we are praying that it won't be too miserable to leave Sara for two nights. I am hoping that she will be able to use a sippy cup by then. Sara also learned how to sit up all by herself. She is much happier sitting up and playing with her toys. She continues to grow and proves to be long and skinny just like her sister. She is in the 95th percentile for height. She is almost 7 months old and as beautiful as ever.

Mya continues to amaze us everyday. She is an energetic little girl with a lot of spirit. She is very curious and loves to explore her environment. Her vocabulary is growing rapidly and she surprises me all the time with sentences that I didn't know she could say. Just this morning she was playing with Hannah and Sara and I heard her say, "Sara, I said look at me. Stop it. No. That's 1, that's 2, that's 3. Time out Sara." Sara was trying to grab Hannah's coloring book so Mya decided that she could take care of disciplining a 7 month old. It goes to show that 2 year olds hear and repeat EVERYTHING! I really have to watch what I say and what she sees on television too. She is so smart!

Dan is doing well too. He enjoyed having the day yesterday to relax and recooperate from the holidays. He recently joined a new fitness club that allows him 24 hour access so that has given him more opportunities to lift weights. It works out best for both of us to exercise after the kids go to bed in the evening. I've been able to do late night runs with a friend and that has been great for me. In two weeks we will be taking the girls on a mini-vacation to Kalahari in Sandusky. We are very excited to have some fun on the water slides and get away as a family.

No comments: