Thursday, December 4, 2008

Updates




We have had some great accomplishments here in the Donatini household. Sara is learning how to sit up on her own, Mya can sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" all by herself, and Dan and Mya are learning how to eat more vegetables. This week we focused on green beans and broccoli and they did so well. Mya fought the vegetables at the beginning of the week but by dinner this evening she was eating her food without much coaxing. Of course she does get rewarded with a Barbie video if she eats well, but who doesn't like getting rewarded for doing something good? I am hoping that over time we won't need Barbie as a reward and she begins seeing that vegetables are just part of her regular meals. I have to mention that I am SO proud of Dan. He definately is not a vegetable fan, but at home he works very hard to eat everything that Mya eats without complaining. He is so good! I feel better knowing that I can provide him with healthy meals. Tonight he sat in front of the broccoli and mentally prepared himself to eat it. It was tough going down, but he did it. Yeah! I love my husband=)
I am reading Exodus during my quiet times and have learned so much about Moses and Pharoah and the Israelites. It is so intriguing to read about Pharoah and the many things that God did to get his attention and show that He is Lord. And yet Pharoah's heart remained hard time after time after time. I imagine myself being bombarded with frogs and hail and blood and would hope that I would believe in God after seeing Him make things like that happen. And Yet Pharoah still doesn't believe. These readings just make me think about how often I try to do things my own way in life until God gets my attention and says, "Hi Julie, I am still here. I need you to listen to ME." And thankfully my heart isn't hardened and I can focus on the Holy Spirit, repent of my sins, and follow Christ. Thank you God for a soft heart!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute pictures of the girls, and what a catchy blog background! I like it. :)

Rick and Lindsay said...

The part about the veggies had me laughing out loud. Are all husbands the same when it comes to vegetables??? When Rick cooks dinner, rarely is there a green vegetable to be found. Maybe he'll make corn, but that's as veggie as it gets! haha :)