Monday, December 15, 2008

First Christmas

We had our first christmas yesterday with my Dad and Kim. I have to admit that the best part was the lobster and filet mignon for dinner. Wow! That is the best meal we have every year. I would like to say that I am very proud of my ability to eat the lobster, filet mignon, salad, bread, potato, and peppermint ice cream. I skipped lunch on purpose and ran four miles so I could eat all of that. The next best part was watching the kids open their presents. They really enjoyed seeing all of the presents and helping all of us open our gifts. We all got some cute things! One of my favorite gifts was a popsicle mold so I can make special popsicles that my grandma used to make. I have been wanting to make these for Mya so I can't wait to do that. I must mention here that my step mom did a fantastic job surprising me with my gifts this year. Usually I know everything that I'm getting and nothing is a surprise, but she had some surprises for me. Way to go! I am a horrible person to surprise. Just ask my husband=) All in all it was a wonderful evening except for the meltdown that Mya had when we were getting ready to leave. Ugh! We love her dearly, though!






1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sounds like a great start to Christmas! Nice family picture by the tree, and that meal sounds fabulous!