Friday, November 28, 2008

We had an interesting Thanksgiving. Mya and Dan had the flu on Wednesday and I got the flu Wednesday night. Thankfully the baby stayed healthy. We were able to go to Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday night with Dan's family. We were grateful to get out of the house and enjoy a wonderful meal, even though we didn't eat a lot. Mya played with her cousins and had a blast while Sara enjoyed being loved on by family members. I did a little bit of shopping today (Friday) and I can officially say that I am done Christmas shopping! Yipee! Everything is wrapped and ready to go and now I have to be patient and wait for Christmas to come. I have so many fond memories of christmas from when I was little that I really look forward to sharing christmas with my kids and Dan every year. We just heard a really fun idea for our family christmas presents. Why not have three presents for each family member to resemble gold, frankincense and myrrh? That way we only have to buy three presents each and we can focus on the christmas story on christmas morning. We love this idea so we are trying it out this year. It is relief to me to buy fewer presents and this way everyone will have the same amount of presents in the family.

Here are a few updated pictures of the kids.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Miss still feels yucky. The outlet malls were good, and I am also done shopping (although I didn't expect to be). It was fun to be out and about on Black Friday!