Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Home is Where the Heart Is

Isn't she just the cutest thing ever? Sara recently found out that she has a tongue so she likes to stick it out a lot. This picture just made me think about how much I love my home, including the family that lives in it. Our home is so homey and I am grateful for that. Today I put up our christmas tree so I could surprise Dan when he got home from work. The best part was when the girls work up from their naps and came out to see the tree. They were in awe. And then when Dan got home he had a really big smile on his face when he saw what I did. It is fun to start reflecting on why we celebrate christmas. It is also exciting to know that we get to teach our kids all about Jesus and his birth. How fun!

On a different note, please pray for an upcoming presentation that I will be doing. I have an opportunity to present to elementary teachers about autism. At first I was really nervous about this because I have been out of the education field for a couple years. I also left the field feeling burnt out and a failure because I had tough cases and not as much success during my last year of teaching. I put a lot of pressure on myself and had high expectations that I wasn't able to meet. However, working on putting this presentation together has given me the confidence to know that I have a lot of knowledge about autism. I am excited to share this information and I am having a blast putting the presentation together. Praise God for this opportunity!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

She is very cute! How fun about the tree, too. You start your holidays early!! I'm sure you'll do fabulous on your presentation. Keep me informed how it goes...