Monday, September 8, 2008

Updates

Today was an interesting day with the girls. They had some difficulty with sharing in the morning so after their naps I decided that I would create opportunities for them to practice sharing. So how did I do that? I used food, of course. Food is a great reinforcer so I gave them their snack in one bowl and had them sit in the living room so I could prompt them and monitor their sharing skills. Low and behold, they were kind to each other and practiced saying "please" and "thank you." The biggest skill that we are working on is not grabbing things from each other's hands. That causes some problems when they do that. Now I know that all of this is normal developmental stuff at this age, but I try to teach new skills when problems arise so they continue to work together and play together well. Its like I have my very own tiny classroom in my house. Fun, fun! Today the girls were really into playing dress up so I had them pose in the midst of their pretend play time. Hannah was proud to dress up with only her Ariel underwear on.


Of course I had to include a cute picture of Sara after her bath. She is growing so fast and cooing and smiling constantly. In fact, she doesn't always want to eat during the day because she would rather flirt with me so that I smile at her. She looks up at me with those big blue eyes and I can't help but smile and talk to her. It is pretty cute! The other picture is of Mya eating her Daddy's favorite cookie. She had it all over her mouth, but boy did she enjoy that cookie.


I don't have very much to report about our lives. Things are going along smoothly. Dan is enjoying his job. He loves to be at home with all of us in the evening and helps out so much with the girls and with household chores. Although right now he is trying really hard to beat his video game on "Master Ninja" mode. But he keeps dying. He is all boy when it comes to his video games. He did wash all the dishes tonight so I guess he deserves a little play time tonight=) I am enjoying motherhood constantly. I find myself feeling scatter brained lately so I have to work on taking time to just sit down and relax a little more often. I tend to get in busy mode and go all day like that. This blog is nice because I can sit down and collect my thoughts in the evenings. I have been trying to do things for myself lately like going to the coffee shop, buying make-up, shopping, walking, and taking baths and that helps keep me energized. I praise God everyday for a husband who encourages me to do things for myself. What a blessing!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Keep taking time for you! You need it, and it's pleasing to God when we are still and know that He is God. :) Plus, speaking from experience, chasing around Miss Hannah can be daunting - I can imagine it's more so with 2 other little ones in tow. Loved our talk tonight! :)