Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sweet Slumber

Today I caught Sara and Dan taking a sweet nap together so I had to include that in the blog. These moments are precious and do not last forever so its nice to have a way to remember them. Thank you Jesus for peaceful times like this!

We had a very full day and it went so fast. It was our first day back to MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) at Grace Brethren Church. It took from 7:00 AM-8:45 AM to get all three girls fed and ready as well as getting a shower for myself. On days like this I take the time to put on make up and do my hair so that takes more time. But we made it out the door and to the church on time. It was a miracle that everyone was happy when we arrived there. I dropped Hannah and Mya off in the nursery and neither one cried. After MOPS we came home, I made lunch for the girls, and we put everyone down for a nap by 1:00. Dan was home for the afternoon so I left and went to the coffee shop with my mom. It was wonderful to sit, relax, and drink an iced drink. After the girls woke up from their naps (for Mya this was a typical 45 minute nap) we went for a walk. Sara and Hannah were in the stroller and Mya was on my back (in the Ergo backpack, which I love!). Halfway through the walk we switched and Hannah rode on my back while Mya sat in the stroller. Just imagine the looks that I get with a kid on my back and two kids in a stroller. Hannah wanted me to sing songs while I pushed the double stroller up hills. It was quite a workout! After our walk I made dinner, we ate dinner, ate popsicles outside, gave the girls baths, watched the Little Mermaid, and ate popcorn. To conclude the evening we brushed teeth, read the bible, said a prayer, and to bed they went. I put them to bed about 2 minutes ago and the room is completely quiet. Praise God! All three girls are out for the night by 8:25. Pretty impressive, huh? I give God all the glory for an evening like this. Now I just pray that everyone sleeps in a little bit tomorrow morning. The photo below is of Mya and Hannah watching their movie tonight. They were completely focused on the movie....it was pretty cute.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Girls looked like they're having fun. I laughed as I read Hannah wanted you to sing songs while you walked. Bet you LOOOOOVED that! She's pretty awesome, though, so that makes up for it! :) Glad the night went well thus far.