Thursday, September 11, 2008

Shoes, shoes, and more shoes.....

I would like to spend some time talking about Mya because she is quite the character and such a gift from God. The other day I said to Dan, "How is it that Mya can do such funny things and remain so darn cute!" Sometimes we get frustrated with her repetitive behaviors like saying the same things over and over and over and over again or running away from us when we say "no." The other day I overhead Dan say, "Mya, what is it about the word no that you don't understand?" I had to chuckle at that one. And yet when we tuck her in for the night we feel so blessed with the little girl that she is becoming. It is amazing to me that two introverted people produced an extrovert. How does that happen? I love it, though, because she keeps our house lively and entertaining. From her dancing skills to her long, long sentences that we can't understand, we are always reminded of God's gifts that he gives us here on Earth. We know that Mya and Sara are not ours, but they are God's and we have been given an incredible job to raise these girls and teach them about our Lord and Savior. (as I'm typing this Mya is demanding to sit on my lap and hold her with my arm, which doesn't allow me the chance to type with two hands, but "you gotta love her") Her smile is contagious and if you haven't talked on the phone with her before, give her a call. You are in for a hilarious conversation. The picture below prompted this blog entry because it is SO like Mya to go to my closet everyday and put on my high heeled shoes. As soon as I hear the clump, clump, clump across the wood floors I know that Mya found my shoes again. And if we are at someone elses house she will no doubt find a pair of shoes to try on. I have the feeling that her closet will be filled with shoes when she is a teenager.


No comments: