Sunday, September 14, 2008

Home Schooling

I have decided to embark on a new adventure. I have seen how much Mya and Hannah want to learn and feel like they need more resources available to gain knowledge. So in response to that I have decided to try home schooling them with a preschool curriculum. My nephew Reid is going to join us too. We are going to have school three mornings a week in our attic that was fixed up recently. I am very excited about this. I just ordered a christian based curriculum tonight and a calendar for circle time. I will eagerly be looking out for the UPS guy to come this week! I am excited about this decision because I was turned off from teaching when I left my teaching job a couple years ago. My confidence level was way down because I was burnt out. I thought I would never go into teaching again. And I may not go back to teaching when the kids are in school, but I am glad that I have the desire to teach these little toddlers. I am glad that there is still some fire in me to want to educate and put the time and energy into this job. I just have to continue to trust God as he develops me and molds me while I am a stay at home mom.

No comments: