Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Not To Worry

Philipians 4: 6-7
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I went to the woman doctor today for a yearly visit and she was a little concerned about a lump on my breast. However, the lump has been there for years and hasn't changed much so she thinks it is just a calcification. I do have to have a mammogram and ultra sound done next week. I think I am more concerned about the pain of the mammogram. If anyone has good advice out there, feel free to share it with me. Does the pain last long? How bad does it really hurt? Will I cry?

I will do my best to be anxious for nothing, but I know that my strength to do that can only come from Christ!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Julie...I had 'em too and have a yearly mammogram...My advice is to have it out at Samaritan on Mifflin(Dr. Stein, Peck and Denbow's building) 2nd floor...they are GREAT...have Joyce if possible and tell her I sent you...she is so sweet and reassuring! It hurts for a brief moment, no worse than getting a shot. They position you, squeeze machine, hold breath...and release immediately. Call me if you want to...Donna