Friday, July 31, 2009

Busy Week

Well, we are off to Hilton Head tomorrow. Please pray for safety as we are travelling through the night. We have a family wedding all day so we will leave after the reception. Dan and I are going to take turns driving and I bought lots of snacks to keep us wide awake. I will be very happy when we get to the beach. Dan and I have always had a love for the beach. We are excited to share this with the kids.

This week has been extremely busy and overwhelming. We feel like we have lived separate lives because we have had so much to do. I have been busy working on MOPS stuff and Dan has been busy with wedding stuff. At the beginning of the week we had a couple birthday parties for Dan. Last night he was at a bachelor party, tonight is the rehearsal dinner, and tomorrow all day is the wedding festivities. Also, Dan's grandma (on his Dad's side) fell and broke her hip so she is in the hospital. Dan's grandpa (on his mom's side) is in the hospice facility. He has dimentia and pneumonia. It is stressful to have sick family members. The girls and I have been visiting them. I am so glad that they know their great grandparents. And of course we found out that we are pregnant on Monday so that started the week with a little bit of stress. We are extremely excited about the baby, but I have to admit that I have anxiety over the health of the baby. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday on the phone with my hematologist and OB trying to coordinate all of my medications. I started the injections this week and had to get blood drawn twice. I also had to cancel my mammogram due to the pregnancy, so we are left to wonder about the lump on my breast. But they are going to keep a close eye on it at my OB appointments. And on top of that...I organized and packed for two kids and myself for vacation. It is a lot of work to prepare for a week away. I have to admit that I am grateful that we don't have a dog at this stage in our life. I think when the kids are a little older we will be more ready for a dog.

So, needless to say, we are quite busy. But, I as I am writing this, I am waiting for Dan to pick me up and take me to the rehearsal dinner. Finally, I get to spend some time with him and eat a nice meal that I don't have to cook. I am eagerly waiting his arrival.

When we get home from vacation I will post all of our fun pictures. We would appreciate your prayers while we are gone.

No comments: