Sunday, July 19, 2009

Five Years and Stronger Than Ever

Dan and I celebrated our five year anniversary this weekend. Our real anniversary isn't until August 7, but we will be vacationing during that time. We went to Easton for the weekend and stayed at the Hilton. This is where we went for our first and third anniversary too. We love to go there and just relax and shop. That means that Dan naps while I shop. It is the perfect situation! We arrived on Saturday around noon, had lunch, and then I shopped for the afternoon. We met up for a wonderful dinner at the Melting Pot. We had lobster, shrimp, pork, steak, and chicken as well as cheese fondue and chocolate fondue for dessert. We got a gift certificate to this restaurant for christmas and finally were able to use it yesterday. The meal was fabulous. Then Dan shopped at his favorite store in the evening. We slept in on Sunday morning and ate lunch at P.F. Changs. This is one of our favorite restaurants. Then we headed home to see the girls. It was awesome to see their reaction when we walked in the door.

So what have we learned after five years of marriage? I brush my teeth in the shower and Dan doesn't brush his teeth at all (just kidding). We have learned that we make a great team as parents and as partners. I wouldn't want to share my life with anyone else. Dan is an amazing man. Do we have disagreements here and there? Sure, who doesn't! But I have never doubted for one day of our life together that Dan doesn't love me. He has told me that he loves me every day since we fell in love. Even if we are upset with each other he still tells me he loves me. Isn't that amazing?

No comments: