Saturday, October 18, 2008

Goal Setting

I realized today how important it is to set goals in your life and make them happen no matter what stage of life you are in. I started running again about 3 weeks ago and today I ran the furthest that I have ever run. I ran 7 miles and did not have to stop. The pace was pretty good too. I hope to continue to increase my mileage and possibly run a marathon in the near future. The sense of accomplishment that comes from goal setting and having success with the goals is awesome. I felt so good about myself today and had more energy for my family. The fact of the matter is that my kids will not be around forever and I need to have my own interests to pursue while they are little and when they leave home someday. Running has always been an enjoyable hobby for me so I am so glad to be doing it again. I am very thankful that my veins in my leg aren't hurting when I exercise anymore. Praise God!

Please keep little Hannah in your prayers (the girl that I babysit for). Last Wednesday she appeared to just have a cold, but by the afternoon she laid on my couch most of the time and didn't eat much. She looked miserable. That evening her mom took her to the ER because she was coughing so much and throwing up. They were pretty certain that she had pneumonia. On Thursday she was taken to Akron Children's Hospital because her pneumonia had gotten worse. As of today (Saturday) she is still hospitalized, but we are hopeful that she will go home tomorrow.

Tonight we went to a Halloween party so of course I had to include a couple pictures of the kids in their costumes. Boy were they cute!

No comments: