Friday, October 3, 2008

Challenging Days

The last couple days have been interesting for me. God has really pushed me out of my comfort zone and I'm afraid to say that I haven't dealt with it the best. Wednesday morning Mya woke up with pink eye. My mom took her to the doctor's office while I took Sara to get her vaccinations at the Health Department. Then I rushed home, fed Sara, met up with mom and Mya, and got to my tooth surgery appointment by 9:45. I spent two hours in the dentist chair getting my tooth pulled and having a bone graft done. The procedure went smoothly and I am healing just fine; however, I have had to lay low since Wednesday and not do much activity. My cheek has been pretty swollen and I haven't been able to eat everything that I want to eat. Long story short.....I don't handle being laid up very well. When I can't do my normal activities like walking, running errands, cleaning the house, or visiting people I really struggle. I feel sad and restless and irritable when I don't want to feel those things. However, I have learned that I take my health for granted. Each day is a gift from God and I need to embrace it and be so thankful. And if I have to rest and heal from something then I need to spend that time with God and have a much better attitude. It is like I feel depressed if I can't function like I normally do. I don't like to be uncomfortable in any way. But God has bigger plans and can really use these experiences to teach me how I need to live my life on a daily basis. He can also teach me how grateful I need to be even if I can't do my regular things. I need to be joyful always. Below is a picture of my family and boy am I grateful for them!

No comments: