Saturday, October 13, 2007

Milestones


I thought I would do an update on Mya and her development. She is walking all over the place now. Congratulations Amie on winning the family bet!!! Her little personality is really shining through. She loves sweets, just like her Daddy and likes to be near someone all the time, just like her Mommy. She is cutting four teeth at the same time so you can imagine how fun that must be (for her and for me). She is very snuggly when she wakes up and when her Daddy comes home from work. She and Dan have long hugs at the end of the day. Mya's cousin Luke has decided to call Mya "Princess" on a regular basis now. It's pretty cute! The best thing that Mya is doing now is talking in long sentences to us but we don't quite understand the language that she is using. It's a combination of German, Chinese, French, and babyese. She is still attached to her binky at night and during naps so we're hoping that she'll stop using it on her own someday soon (wishful thinking, I know). And the best news of all......we can finally put her hair in pigtails!
Dan is running his marathon next Sunday (October 21st). Please pray that he remains healthy for the run and that he is able to complete it in a decent time. He wants to get a better time than his last marathon. I just want him to be safe.
We started the Lovonox injections on Wednesday after seeing the hematologist. Also, we have decided to deliver in Wooster because that is where the hematologist is located. Everything is linked with the Cleveland Clinic, which makes it easier on them because everything is updated in their system and records don't have to be transferred. We have our first appointment with the OBGYN on October 30th so we are excited about that. The injections are going well. It is painful and I don't look forward to it, but there seems to be some extra strength that God has given me to take the shots without complaint. It's really neat because my sister felt led to tell me that I needed to surrender to the pain (she sensed that God was telling her to tell me). That is exactly what is happening. The blood disorder stuff is scary but I do have a strength that can only be from God. I know that we'll make it through all of this just fine. God has a plan!

No comments: