Friday, September 21, 2007

A Hodge Podge of Things.....

I haven't written in a while so I thought I would update our blog. God continues to work in our lives daily and gives us opportunities to glorify Him in everything that we do. Mya is growing like a weed. She is 19 pounds 7 ounces and appears to be taking after her daddy with her height and long toes and fingers. Right now people say that she is looking like me the most but that changes as she grows. Mya has taken up to 6 walking steps on her own so far. She stands all by herself for minutes at a time. She just needs to develop her confidence to be able to walk across the room. Here's the most recent picture of her in her cheerleading outfit. We like to go to Friday night football games so she can wear her cute outfit.

Dan and I are in the process of deciding whether or not to get a puppy. We have decided that we want a Maltese puppy. They are cute and tiny dogs and they don't shed or smell. I think it would be the perfect puppy for Mya; however, we can't decide on when to get the dog. We can get it now while she is little or wait until she is older and we are in a bigger house. Neither of us can decide on the right timing so we have decided to commit it to prayer for now. We know that God will give us a peace when it is the right timing. Here's a picture of what a Maltese looks like. Isn't he/she adorable!

The only other new thing coming up in our lives is Dan's marathon. He will be running his second marathon on October 21st in Columbus. One of his highschool friends will be coming to Ashland from London where he lives with his wife. He will be running the marathon with Dan and they are both so excited for this experience. The tricky part is that Dan has to come home all in one piece from the marathon because we are throwing Mya's 1 year birthday party that evening for a lot of people and I need him to be functioning okay to help me with the party. Please pray for him and me too!!! Dan originally wasn't going to do the marathon because of Mya's birthday but I signed him up as a surprise. I have faith in him that he'll come home with a lot of energy for a party=)

No comments: