Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Daughter

Tonight we took the kids to the church because I needed Dan's help moving tables to set up for our MOPS meeting in the morning. When the girls stepped into the garage and looked outside, they saw that it was snowing and that there was snow on the ground. They were so excited. Our usual routine is that Dan puts Mya in the car and I put Sara in the car. So I let Sara look outside and enjoy the snow and then I picked her up and put her in her car seat. Just as I was buckling her in, I heard Dan say, "Julie, you really need to see what YOUR daughter is doing!" I figured she was outside catching snowflakes on her tongue or something fun like that. You see, Mya is the type of child who is very experiential. She needs to experience things with her senses. If it is raining outside, she has to feel it in her hand. She can't not experience something that is interesting to her. Anyway, back to my story....so I looked up to see what Mya was doing and I saw her laying on her back in the driveway making a snow angel. I couldn't believe my eyes and all I could do was laugh. Dan and I just stood there and laughed at her with amazement. It was a neat sight. Mya is the child that would stop to smell the roses when no one else would. She has been talking about making snow angels for months now, and I guess when she saw some snow on the ground she decided it was time to make a real snow angel. There is a lot to learn from Mya. We should never be too busy to experience the cool things in life like making snow angels when it snows outside.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I bet it brought such joy to the Father's heart to his little daughter enjoying His creation.

Donna said...

Sweet experiences that you will remember all your life!!

Jaimi said...

How cute! It's awesome that you know how Mya works and that she needs to experience things first hand. And what a fun memory- a snow angel!