Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A New Day

I am so grateful that God continues to forgive us and give us new days. Yesterday I made a snap decision to have a D&C because I wanted this whole miscarriage thing over and done with. Without praying about it, I called the doctor and scheduled the surgery for today. But as the night went on the Lord continued to show me in so many ways that the surgery wasn't the way to do. If for any reason there is that 1% chance that the doctor is wrong about the baby not being there, I couldn't stomach having a D&C. So the best way to go now is wait it out and let my body take care of things. That is what we are doing now...just waiting. And grieving. As the day goes on I am hit with different emotions. Sometimes I am doing really well and other times I just break into tears. I am filled with sadness with the loss of our baby and I do need to grieve those emotions. But I am also grateful that God has a plan. He will do good things through this tough time. He already has shown me how much love and support I have around me. Not to mention the fact that my husband has been so loving and compassionate towards me when I am emotional. I am grateful for all that God is giving me. And if anything, I also feel so much more thankful for the two beautiful girls that He already gave us.

1 comment:

Jenn - aka honey or mom said...

I know it isn't easy, but I know that you and Dan have made the right decision. We'll be praying that the Lord will bless your faithfullness. His way is so good.