Thursday, March 4, 2010

Totally Different Pregnancy

Either I have a really bad memory or my other pregnancies were totally different than this pregnancy. I had one week of bad nausea and now I am just plain hungry ALL the time. I don't remember being this hungry ever. I feel like the baby is taking everything from me when I eat and there is nothing left for me. I am talking about severe hunger. If I don't stay on top of it by snacking all day, then it is miserable. And of course all I want to eat is fast food. What a shock to my system. And I am not exercising. The other night I ordered a pizza at 11:30 pm because I was so hungry and had to have a Papa John's pizza. I know exactly what I want and I just go for it when I get the urge. But I am not gaining weight with grace. I have no energy, feel grouchy, and just plain unattractive. I am eagerly waiting for the second trimester to come (only 4 weeks away) when I get to feel really good. There is something about that second trimester that makes everything feel great. I am usually not a complainer, but boy am I struggling with this pregnancy. Maybe it is different because I have two toddlers to chase after when I just want to lay on the couch and relax. But aside from all the negatives, I am forever grateful that the baby is doing well. It is all worth it in the end!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Ahhhh, motherhood! Try to savor even then rotten moments...it all goes so fast!!!

Jenny said...

On the bright side, maybe this means you're having a boy this time? Either way, I'm sure you're not as grouchy as you think you are - and you are certainly as pretty as ever! :) Hang in there!

Jaimi said...

I was going to say what Jen said... maybe it's a boy this time since it's so different. If i can convince you to take the 10 week test we'll know early! ha ha:)