Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Quiet House Is NOT Always A Good Thing

Since having children, I have found out that when the house is quiet, the girls are usually doing something they shouldn't be doing. So today I came up with a list of things that the girls have done in a very quiet manner, usually done while I am talking on the phone or doing house chores.

-After taking two tubes of toothpaste from my bathroom drawer, the girls climbed into Sara's bed, took the caps off the tubes, and started eating the toothpaste. They cried when I took it away from them.

-The girls decided they were hungry so Mya opened up the freezer and they pulled out three bags of frozen vegetables. One of the bags was open so after dumping the frozen mixed vegetables on the floor, they ate them. And they loved them!

-While I was taking a shower, the girls unrolled all the toilet paper, took it in the living room and shredded it to pieces.

-Mya took all the kleenexes out of the box, lined them up on the floor, and decided to jump from kleenex to kleenex.

-Both girls got deodorant from from our bathroom drawer, hid in their room, and started putting it on like lotion.

-Sara took Mya's glue stick while I was schooling Mya, hid in a corner, and put it on like chapstick.

-While in the bathtub, Mya took my brand new bottle of Biolage shampoo (which isn't cheap) and poured it on her head and on Sara's head. Both kids were screaming as the shampoo was dripping into their eyes. It took Dan and me a good 15 minutes to get all of the soap out of their hair.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

One of the funniest posts I've read in a while. I love these stories, though I'm sure they weren't your favorite to live through!