Monday, November 23, 2009

True Beauty

Tonight I found true beauty in the naked bodies of my little children. Now that might sound very odd, but hang with me for a moment while I explain. As I watched them take a bath, I stared at every nook and cranny of their bodies. I was in awe of the beauty of their bodies. The fact that God knit them in my womb and knew their name before they were born is astonishing to me. When they were babies I would stare at them all day long, watch them breathe, watch them sleep, and watch them play. And even though they aren't newborns anymore, I still stare at them just as much. They are beautiful beings and I am so proud that we can be their parents.

"The King is enthralled by your beauty." Psalm 45:11

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That's great! And hey, what did you decide about your hair???

Rick and Lindsay said...

I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes I look at Cate and think, "Wow, I assembled this whole little person right inside of me, on little more than ice cream and macaroni and cheese." (jk!!) :) But it is truly amazing!

Jaimi said...

Mmmm, I can just smell Emma's hair if i close my eyes and think about her. I hope we never forget all their nooks and crannies and most of all, that the Lord loves them even more than we do!