Sunday, November 29, 2009

Surprises!

In case you don't know, Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I mean....favorite! I love the decorations, shopping, christmas music, cookies, and gift giving. I just love the magic of it all. And having two little girls to share it with just makes it that much more fun. Now the part that I really like about Christmas is the gifts. I have always been a gift person. That is my love language...I love giving them and I love getting them. This year Dan and I decided not to give each other presents because we recently purchased a mattress and a flat screen television. And we are working really hard to stay on our Dave Ramsey budget. We are heading onto Baby Step #3 after the holidays. Anyway, that was a side note, but the reason for writing this entry is because this past week I received three wonderful surprises that I feel so undeserving to get. But it adds to the magic of the holidays.

The first gift arrived on my doorstep last week. The girls and I were playing upstairs and I didn't hear anyone knock on the door. When I took the trash out in the afternoon, I opened the door to the breezeway, and sitting by our door I saw a new mirror. I went to a women's conference at my church last week and that was one of the door prizes. I swore that my name would be called because I really wanted that mirror. We needed a new mirror in our bathroom and it was on my wish list to get with my christmas money. The girl who won the mirror had no use for it, knew that I was interested in it, and just left it for me. Here is a picture of my new bathroom mirror.

The second gift came out of nowhere when Dan's mom asked him if we would like to get a laptop for christmas. I have been very close to throwing our laptop out the window. It is now not portable and jimmy rigged so the cord stays in the back of it. As long as no one touches it or moves it then it works. What an amazing gift!

The third gift I received tonight. Dan and I were driving home from our financial class at church and he told me that he had a surprise for me. He is taking me away next weekend for an overnight at Easton. His office party is at Easton so I knew we were going there during the day, but he arranged all the childcare and planned an overnight for us. I am so excited!!!!

I just love this time of year!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like lots of wonderful surprises! And how generous of all three people!

linda said...

What an amazing week of surprises! And tell Dan "good job!" for arranging a night away AND taking care of childcare! I daresay, you have yourself a keeper! ;) CHRISTmas Blessings! Linda